There are several types of travel insurance coverage available to protect against unforeseen complications that could affect your trip. Coverage options include missed flights, lost baggage, and severe illness or death. It is important to decide what you want to protect, and to what extent, so that you can relax and enjoy your trip, worry-free.
Military & Veterans Discounts
- Before purchasing be sure to ask about military, veteran, DOD, or government discounts.
Purchasing Options for Travel Insurance
- Insure My Trip: Get quotes and a comparison of travel insurance offerings for top providers in the industry so that you can find the best plan available. Providers include AIG, GeoBlue, Allianz, CSA, Nationwide, Travelex, and more. Book online, read the FAQ’s, or call 800-487-4722.
- Squaremouth: Compare travel insurance policies from several major providers and read third-party customer reviews to help research various insurance products. Book online, read the FAQ’s, or call 800-487-4722.
- Allianz Global Assistance offers insurance underwritten by the BCS Insurance Company or the Jefferson Insurance Company with AGA Service Company as the licensed administrator.Get reimbursed up to 100% if you have to cancel plans due to reasons like covered illness, injury, job layoff, or more. Coverage for travel and baggage delay are up to $150 each and come with 24-hour emergency hotline assistance. Pricing depends on your total reservation cost and service fees. Consumers may be responsible for charges incurred from outside vendors for assistance or concierge services. Contact AGA Service Company at 800-284-8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find out what insurance you already have. Call your credit card company to enquire about existing coverage. Homeowner’s policies may include baggage protection.
- Read all terms and conditions regarding travel insurers’ options, compare coverage and rates, and call companies directly to inquire about cancellation policies.
- Those affiliated with the military should discuss trip cancellations due to war and what meets the definition of “war” with regards to combat zone deployment, TDY, or leave revocation, as well as terrorism insurance coverage and limitations.
- Reservations or itinerary changes made after purchasing insurance may impact coverage or be considered exempt.
- Longer trips to multiple destinations have a higher chance of unexpected events that would benefit from some form of insurance coverage.
- Those who travel often should compare multi-trip or annual coverage packages to the cost of purchasing policies separately.
- For additional information visit the US Travel Insurance Association website.