Outlet Mall Shopping While on Vacation
Many people shop at outlet malls while on vacation and for good reasons. Outlet malls offer you amazing bargains on several brands and access to multiple shops all in one place. Top quality premium outlets include developers such as Simon Property – Premium Outlets and Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, but many other players compete in this market as well.
Military & Veterans Discounts
- Visit the Information Center at a Simon Premium Outlet location, show your military ID, and you may qualify for a complimentary VIP Coupon Book. Offer includes active duty military, veterans, and dependents.
- Tanger Outlets also offer free coupon books to military personnel and family members with a valid military ID. For additional regional promotions click on the ‘military personnel’ option on their deals page.
- Horizon Group Properties offer military discounts. Visit Horizon and select the ‘our centers’ option, and once a map appears, click on the location.
- Join the Simon Premium Outlets VIP Club and visit their Facebook page, Twitter account for access to special promotions and updates.
- TangerClub members get coupon books, gift cards, and free fashion items.
- Sign up for Macy’s Backstage emails to get upcoming promotions.
- Create a Nordstrom Rack account for sales and event notifications.
Outlet Shopping Options
- Simon Premium Outlets provide discounts on designer clothing brands of up to 65%. Use the mall locator tool and filter results by ‘premium outlets’ to find options nearby your vacation destination. In addition to US-based options, international shopping locations include Canada, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
- Tanger Outlets give you amazing deals on fashion items with dozens of locations across the country. Its website also offers a fashion tips and news blog and a personal shopper service where they will ship items directly to you. Download the Tanger Outlets app for further information on specific locations.
- Horizon Group Properties offer discounts on top-quality designer brands including Gucci, Coach, Tommy Hilfiger, and Adidas. Most centers are located in the central to eastern United States. Find the ‘our centers’ option on the main homepage to see a map of locations you can click on for additional information.
- Macy’s Backstage Stores are outlets that bring you discounts on Macy’s brands for women, men, juniors, and children. Discounts also include other items such as accessories, skincare, makeup, furniture, and home decor. Find a location to explore along your travel route.
- Nordstrom Rack Outlets have discounts on clothing for the entire family and on beauty products, accessories, furniture, and more. New items arrive weekly, so you always have access to the latest trends. Discover an outlet in a convenient location to where you will stay.
- Plan ahead and scope out stores online for coupons or specials.
- Leave extra room in your luggage for your purchases.
- Always check items for irregularities before buying.
- Beware of products made especially for outlets, the quality of goods may vary.
- Outlets have limited stock, so get there early for the most extensive selection.
- Best deals are towards the back, at store corners, and on off-season items.