Get Military Discounts on Passenger Van Rentals
Why should you rent a passenger van? In many circumstances, it’s easier and cheaper to rent passenger vans, which can accommodate up to 15 people, than cars. Simplify things and drive one vehicle to the next sporting event, family function, church group, army vs. navy football game, road trip, or hunting excursion with your friends or family.
Military & Veterans Discounts
Before renting your passenger van be sure to ask about military, veteran, DOD, or government discounts.
- The companies listed below specialize in passenger van rentals, and some offer promotions. Larger companies like Hertz, Avis, Budget, National, Alamo, and Enterprise also rent vans, but often have higher rates and a more limited selection.
Rental Options for Passenger Vans
Many specialty passenger van rental companies carry the following: mini-vans, SUVs, 12 passenger vans, 15 passenger vans, and sprinter and cargo vans.
- Airport Van Rentals offers value combined with the largest selection available of 8 to 15 seat passenger vans, cargo vans, wheelchair accessible vans, and minivans for any occasion. Be sure to ask at the counter about USAA or Military Discounts before completing your rental agreement. Visit the website or call 877-826-4680.
- Bandago rents first-class 10 to 15 passenger vans with video and DVD players, video games, Wi-Fi, power outlets, and more. This company ensures your ride will not be boring but will have everything you need for your and the other passenger’s entertainment along the way. Visit the website or call 866-868-7826.
- Capps Van Rental has over 15 rental locations in Texas, Oklahoma, and Arizona It offers a large selection of current year model and full-size 12 to 15 person passenger vans, Suburbans, cargo vans, 4X4 pickup trucks or flatbeds, and box trucks at each rental location. Visit the website or call 800-969-9329.
- Carl’s Van Rentals offers van rentals in the state of Florida, including Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Fort Lauderdale. Carl’s is a family-owned and -operated business that prides itself in offering hometown customer service. Free shuttles take you to Carl’s from the airport. Visit the website or call 800-565-5211 for more details.
- Wheelers Van Rentals specializes in wheelchair-accessible van rental options and has locations nationwide. Rentals provide wheelchair and scooter accessibility that will assist you in getting on the road to travel independently. For a fee, both pick up and drop off services are also available. Visit the website or call 800-456-1371.
- Accessible Vans of America rents vans with handicap-accessible features. The company is a group of independent dealers committed to improving transportation options for people requiring adaptive equipment. Individual locations have handicap-accessible vans with lowered floors, power ramps, and wheelchair lifts as well as optional accessories such as hand controls or steering knobs. Visit the website or call 708-536-1842 for more details.
- Determine your total number of passengers and the size of van you will need.
- Consider necessary luggage space when selecting your vehicle.
- You will be competing with other types of group travel. Call ahead to check availability, especially around holidays, and reserve your van.
- Some full-size vehicles/vans have a different center of gravity than smaller cars. Please practice safe driving.
- Determine who will be driving. Companies often allow additional drivers, but with certain limitations.
- Discuss plans with your credit card or auto insurance company and verify coverage, limitations, and exclusions, as terms are not the same as for rental cars.
- Note rules for child passengers, policies for late pickups or returns, smoking guidelines, cleaning and fuel requirements, and terms for cancellations.
- For long trips ask for new or late model vans.
- Some van companies will only rent to drivers who are 26 or older.
- You may be prohibited from taking van over the border into Canada or Mexico.
- One-way rentals may be unavailable or limited based on location.
- If more space is needed, ask about tow hitches for a trailer. Request these in advance.
- Some companies offer vehicle drop off and pick up services for an additional fee.
- When picking up your vehicle a credit card, driver’s license, and proof of insurance are usually necessary.