Get Military Discounts on Bus Travel
Buses offer an economical way to travel within an extensive network and provide access to many smaller towns and cities. For a minimal fee, you can avoid the stress of route planning, save on the cost of gas, and relax with someone else behind the wheel.
Greyhound Bus Lines
Greyhound is a well-known company for a reason. Its buses cover thousands of cities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico and o have rates as low as $1. For your comfort and convenience, buses include Wi-Fi, air conditioning, power outlets, and adjustable seating as well. Book online or call 1-877-463-6446.
Military & Veterans Discounts
- Active duty military, retired, and their dependents are eligible for a 10% discount on full price Greyhound fares when purchased at a Bus station.
- When booked in person, check on special rates for Round trip tickets for military members, Veterans and their families.
- Read terms and conditions for all offers. Agents may request military identification and proof of relations for discounts.
- Children, students, seniors, and groups may qualify for additional promotions.
- Check for midweek savings, commuter passes, or companion deals.
- If you are a frequent user of Greyhound services, you can sign up for the Greyhound Road Rewards Loyalty Program.
More Booking Options for Bus Travel
The following are private bus companies only, NOT charter or municipal.
- MegaBus (CoachUSA) previously Coach USA, operates in 67cities throughout North America and Europe. Prices start at $1, and search results include a week’s worth of available deals to compare and select the best option.
- BoltBus has top destinations on the west coast and in the northeast. Book early to get one of the few $1 tickets available for every trip while they last. Last minute and in-person ticket purchases often cost more.
- Peter Pan let’s you travel around the northeast in comfort on a PeterPan bus with included air-conditioning, restrooms, and luggage storage. With free Wi-Fi and power outlets, you can stay connected using your devices and never run out of power.
- Trailways operates routes in more than 40 states and into Canada and also provides bus rentals and tours. Several independent companies work for Trailways, so services and vehicles vary.
- Search engines Checkmybus or Busbud allow you to enter a starting point, destination, and date of departure and/or return to compare routes and find the best deal for your trip.
- Available routes might require you to change a planned location, time, or day.
- Look over cancellation and exchange guidelines, baggage policies, pet policies, and requirements for children and unaccompanied minors.
- Have directions to your station and know when you should arrive. If you have a reserved seat, it may be given to others if you are absent at boarding.
- Note scheduled stops along your route and bring enough snacks and water to last. Limitations on food and beverages allowed on board may apply.
- Those who book early get the best promotions and are guaranteed seats on trips that sell out.
- For longer travel, ensure you have enough time, so you do not miss your connection.
- Buses may require printed tickets before boarding. Printing facilities at stations are not guaranteed. Whenever possible, have your reservation and booking details with you.
- Different vehicles within the same company may not have the same on-board services available.
- Unaccompanied children taking a bus to or from various states or countries may be subject to state and federal laws governing travel.
- Check The US Department of Transportation for Bus safety records https://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/CompanySnapshot.aspx