Airport Lounges From the USO
Airports are often stressful, chaotic places. Fortunately, many offer an escape from the mayhem and an area where travelers can relax in a type of home away from home: a USO lounge.
With the proper identification and paperwork, and after signing in and checking their bags, travelers may enjoy the many comforts the USO has to offer, free of charge. OurMilitaryTravel.com family proudly gives a big thanks to all of those who volunteer their time and efforts to make this organization a huge success.
- Search for a USO center by location.
- Contact the USO at +1 (888) 484-3876 for further information.
- When booking your trip, check if airports have a USO lounge.
- Learn the specifics for each lounge, as services and hours vary.
- Inquire about accommodations for families and policies on pets.
- Notify the USO staff of intended use by an unaccompanied minor.
- Access is guaranteed only for active duty service members and their dependents, as per USO policy; however, others such as retirees, disabled veterans, and DoD employees may also be welcomed at some locations.
- USO facilities have times of peak use when they can near or reach max capacity.
- Active duty members and their families have priority for services and others are often admitted only as space allows.
- Airports may have more than one USO lounge.
- Always confirm the USO lounge is near your departing gate.
- While traveling on the road, Operation Phone Home might come in handy.
- Qualified individuals might be denied entry without proper ID, boarding pass, or itinerary.